Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Juice Fast FAIL


Let's start with a confession:

I did not complete my 10-Day juice fast.
I didn't even complete 3-Days.

It. Was. Hard.

Now, I'm not knocking the idea of juice fasting, and I'm not ruling it out for the future. However, I will say that this time around we were completely unprepared. We had never juiced anything before we started and as far as recipes go, we were totally lost. When we would go to make our juice we were really just guessing and the concoctions we came up with were less than appetizing DISGUSTING.

Perhaps it would have been a different story had the juices tasted delicious, but instead of being a filling and yummy meal to look forward to, we found ourselves dreading drinking them. Instead of choking them down we would rather skip them altogether and therefore, we ended up just starving ourselves instead of filling up on nutrient-rich drinks. Not good.

I'm not sure Kyle would be on board for giving juice fasting another shot (he was NOT a fan), but I would be open to doing it again in the future-- with more preparation.  I understand the benefits of detoxing, and I've also read a lot of stories about a Day 2-3 "hump" of feeling miserable and blah, then suddenly feeling amazing the next day.

That sounds more like it.

I will continue to experiment with juicing as a supplement to our everyday diet and hopefully come up with enough yummy recipes to make a 10-day (or longer) fast more doable.

So if we haven't been juicing, what have we been up to?

We've been eating 100% vegan since the end of our juice fast. No meat, no dairy, no eggs, and (much to my dismay) no cheese. We've been using the fruits and veggies we stocked up on for our juice fast, throwing in some whole grains, nuts, and beans, and whipping up some delicious vegan meals.

Today marks Day 5 of our Full-Time Vegan Detox System Restart Extravaganza. A full report on how things are going is in the works, so check back soon to get the scoop!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to post my top 5 favorite recipe's on my blog tomorrow. Maybe that will help. www.skinny-vic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete